The United Church of Canada provides a Defined Benefit Pension Plan for all employees who work more than 14 hours a week.
Visit CHURCHx for a recording of the 90 minute Pension Information Seminar to learn about how the plan works, what it costs, what it provides, and how to apply for your pension when you're ready. In this program, we will describe:
- what a "defined benefit plan" is
- how costs and benefits are determined
- other ways that you might plan for retirement, including personal savings, government benefits, and coordination with other pension or benefits plans you may have access to
- options to consider as you prepare to retire.
To view the recording and get all the handouts:
- navigate to https://churchx.ca
- use the "Member login" button at the top right of your screen, and enter your username and password. This will take you to your Dashboard
- from your Dashboard, click on the title of the course
- if you need help with CHURCHx, please reach out to Tay Moss at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to view a recording of this seminar on YouTube.