The United Church of Canada provides a Defined Benefit Pension Plan for all employees who work more than 14 hours a week. Join us for this 90 minute program held by Shenagh Rosa, Manager for Pension Compliance and Communication, on September 20, 2021 at 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. ET to learn about how the plan works, what it costs, what it provides, and how to apply for your pension when your are ready.
This seminar will cover:
- what a “defined benefit plan” is
- how costs and benefits are determined
- other ways that you might plan for retirement, including personal savings, government benefits, and coordination with other pension or benefits plans you may have access to
- options to consider as you prepare to retire.
All Members of the plan will find this information useful, but we particularly recommend it for
- People who are new to the plan (i.e. those who are recently hired)
- Members or their family members who are in the midst of a significant life change (birth, marriage, divorce, death, job change)
- People who are planning for retirement
- Members of Ministry & Personnel Committees or congregational Boards/Councils
- Church Treasurers